Sunday, April 10, 2011

Gotta get a new idea

I'm sorry that I've been away. There was just so much procrastination to do that it overwhelmed me. Thankfully I seem to be caught up with it...for now anyway. Maybe. Actually my past week was fairly full. I've been subbing for a wonderful teacher who is on maternity leave. Getting back into "teacher" mood was an easy gear switch, but that's probably only because I know that this is a temporary position.

Life at home has had a few bumps...and bruises...and swelling. Most of it in hubby's knee. Doesn't this look fun?

The same day my husband received that lovely accessory, my son received two shots for a horrid ear infection. Of my four children, only one of them doesn't really mind shots. Derek isn't that one. To lessen the sting (read:bribe) we promised him ice cream. I think that was when hubby realized that if getting a couple of measly shots warranted a treat as wonderful as ice cream, then having to wear a leg immobilizer for an indefinite period time should be worth an even bigger indulgence. So he ordered an iPad 2.

I'm not upset that he made that purchase. After all, he is the main provider for this family. And besides it was paid for with the money that Uncle Sam just recently gave back to us after so kindly holding it, interest free, throughout last year. The thing is, after 20 years of never knowing what to give my guy for birthdays or Christmas, I FINALLY had a great birthday gift lined up for him. I knew what he wanted and I had set the funds aside to get it.

:::sigh::: Although his birthday isn't until September, it may take another 20 years for me to come up with another idea as awesome as that was.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, by September you can just get him an Ipad 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! The problem is that now that particular fund has been depleted, LOL! I'd have to sub a whole lot of days to build it back up. Unfortunately, there is only a month and a half left for this school year and thanks to an email I received a few moments ago, I already know that I will NOT be able to sub next school year. There is a really good reason for that. I'll blog about it later. And probably shout it out on Facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete