Saturday, June 19, 2010

Playing around

I can only put this off for so long. Well, that's not true. As the self proclaimed Queen of Procrastination, I am sure that I could have found a way to put off starting this blog indefinitely. Perhaps it's better to say that my desire to begin a blog here finally found a way to quiet my excuses. I haven't any great wisdom to impart. Neither am I particularly witty. I feel it necessary to declare those things up front. There are friends who tell me that I possess some small talent for writing. They are well intentioned. Sometimes I wonder if their compliments are not unlike the praises and encouragement that some American Idol hopefuls get before taking that stand in front of the first round of judges, only to be told that they have a nice, average little voice.

Average. I was an average child. I was an average student (until I failed spectacularly in my first year of college.) I am an average housewife and mommy. If you set your expectations for average...then maybe, just maybe you'll find yourself entertained here. At least I hope you do. It has been my lifelong goal to somehow become more than I believe I am. If I can make you smile...if I can move you in some slight way, then I will count it as a step of success toward that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment